Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

45 bucks to spend
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can get a soligor 28mm 2.8 nikon non ai lens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Yahvel,

I'm looking at the Soligor, I like it!

Ok, so here's what I've found interesting so far:
MIR-1B 37mm f2.8
Vivitar 28mm f2.5
Soligor 28mm f2.8

What do you think?
I've seen some samples from the Vivitar and they look great too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I can comment only on Mir 1B, I have 2 of them (get them for free - newer and older version). For video it could be painful to use as it has really long focus throw ~270 degrees and poor minimum focus distance (about 0,7m) I hated that lens for both of that reasons Wink. Someone on this forum commented this lens something like that: When it's good, it's great, when it's not, it's terrible to use. I might have messed something up with quotation, but you get the idea. I have done some great photos with wonderful colours with that lens, but it was always painful to use Smile.

For that kind of money I think Super Multi Coated Takumar 35mm/3.5 would be great choice (yesterday I watched one went for £32 on ebay.co.uk). Focusing Takumar lenses could be done with gentle blowing air onto focusing ring and the colours are splendid as well. It will work great under strong sun without loosing too much contrast and so on. As for clickless aperture setting, you could always take off the ball from underneath the aperture ring. It takes 352 seconds to do and is fully reversible (if you won't loose the bloody ball Wink ).

It's your choice, but if you're going to stay with Mir 1B, I recommend looking at allegro.pl - it's Polish auction site, where you could buy Mir 1B in almost brand new condition for about £8-10 + shipping.

From Vivitar 28's I had Vivitar Wide Angle 28mm/2.8 and it was...very weak, not sharp enough for me, build quality was very irritating, it delivered nice colours, but that was it. A few weeks, however, ago I bought Vivitar Close Focus (Komine made) 28mm/2.8 and this lens is different story - it's sharp, even corners on Film Camera, it's joyful to use and is nice made. It has great reputation and I completely agree with that (oh, forgot to say that I bought nice and clean one in PK mount for £8,26 + shipping).

Mateusz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it is at all what you are looking for but you should be able to get a Yashica ML 50/2 within your budget. Sharp and contrasty with interesting bokeh. Not sure if it will fit your camera though. Also, maybe not the focal length that you are after.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered Lydith?

Well within your budget and very suitable for video (I have two, so will probably end up selling one...)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:
Have you considered Lydith?

Well within your budget and very suitable for video (I have two, so will probably end up selling one...)

Interesting, thank you for the heads up rudolfkremers.
Have you used it for video as well?
How does it compare to Vivitar or Soligor? I know it's slower, but other than that how does it perform?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a similar situation in the pass and luckily I won 2 auctions from a same seller from Lithuana for an enlarger lens Vega 11U 50/2.8 (macro, $1 plus $15 shipping) and Helios 44-2 ($25). Both two of them are still my favorites. And that's the point that I found myself got trapped in the cycles of buying MF lenses Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm finding other interesting lenses, hard to decide.

What do you guys think about the TAMRON 28mm f 2.5 adapt all 2 and the Olympus Zuiko 28mm f/3.5?
Also, if they say "slight haze" on the glass (I can't tell from the pictures though) should I consider the bid a no-no?

edit: About the Adapt All 2, I assume even though it's Adapt All I still need an adapter, is that right?
For instance something like this? http://amzn.to/1nQKEeu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have stretched against a Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm. $45 may be slightly short, but is you add a few buck you can have a wonderful lens with creamy bokeh and good working distance (20cm near focus) Wink

I have some samples here:
http://manuellfokus.no/carl-zeiss-jena-flektogon-35mm-f2-8/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgustav wrote:

What do you guys think about the TAMRON 28mm f 2.5 adapt all 2 and the Olympus Zuiko 28mm f/3.5?
Also, if they say "slight haze" on the glass (I can't tell from the pictures though) should I consider the bid a no-no?

Hi,
I have Tamron Adaptall 02B 28mmf/2.5 and it's great little lens, however I find Vivitar Close Focus 28mm f/2.8 (made by Komine) even better, especially in corners on FF.

As for slight haze, it all depends and if I can't see clearly what's what on the photo I wouldn't buy it (unless the cost would be a few quid). Of course slight haze could be easily cleaned as long as it's not between cemented elements (but I think Tamron has 7 elements in 7 groups, so there are no cemented lenses). Still, it depends on that if you want to cleaned it by yourself or just use it as it is. If I don't want to tamper with the lens I usually buy lenses in v. good optical condition, if I know I would like to disassemble the lens and clean it, I buy cheaper examples with some fungus or haze.

Mateusz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I would have stretched against a Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm. $45 may be slightly short, but is you add a few buck you can have a wonderful lens with creamy bokeh and good working distance (20cm near focus) Wink

Wow, great samples!

On eBay that lens is quite pricey though, and I've another lens to buy already on my list! Smile
(really need a good wide, I'm considering the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.Cool

So, I'll guess this will be a little purchase. Do you have any experience with the Olympus Zuiko or the Tamron?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomLord wrote:
cgustav wrote:

Hi,
I have Tamron Adaptall 02B 28mmf/2.5 and it's great little lens, however I find Vivitar Close Focus 28mm f/2.8 (made by Komine) even better, especially in corners on FF.

As for slight haze, it all depends and if I can't see clearly what's what on the photo I wouldn't buy it (unless the cost would be a few quid). Of course slight haze could be easily cleaned as long as it's not between cemented elements (but I think Tamron has 7 elements in 7 groups, so there are no cemented lenses). Still, it depends on that if you want to cleaned it by yourself or just use it as it is. If I don't want to tamper with the lens I usually buy lenses in v. good optical condition, if I know I would like to disassemble the lens and clean it, I buy cheaper examples with some fungus or haze.

Mateusz

Thank you Mateusz,

yes I wouldn't tamper with the lenses I buy, I'm not that curious Smile
Thanks for the advice, I'll skip the slight haze one as the price wasn't even better, so it doesn't make much sense.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you have a few photos with the Canon 600d and Tamron 02B 28mm/2.5
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjQLLZ2F

As for buying lenses with fungus or haze, well sometimes it's worth it, because you could buy lens for peanuts, cleaned it and have full working lens for small amount of money and effort, but you could always loose the money as well.

I really like the adaptall system and as you said you'll need an adapter. There were original adapters from Tamron to several mounts like Olympus OM, Pentax M42, Pentax P/K, Minolta, Canon FD, Nikon and more. There are also Chinese adapters from adaptall to for example Canon EOS, but they're not that good in my opinion. When I'm using adaptall lenses on my Canon, I still prefer use original Adaptall-M42 adapter + M42-Canon EOS adapter.

Good luck with finding lenses.
Remember that if you buy one in reasonable prize you could always resell it without loosing nothing or too much and buy another that suits you better Smile

Mateusz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - adaptall links:
http://www.adaptall-2.org/
http://www.tremyfoel.co.uk/photography/Adaptall/TamronAdaptallInfo.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my last discover, Hoya 24mm f2.8 wide angle, 45€, Sharp from 2.8, more than the Olympus 28mm f2.8 and with nice colors very close to my nikkor 35mm f2 AIS...

Regards!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomLord wrote:
Here you have a few photos with the Canon 600d and Tamron 02B 28mm/2.5
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjQLLZ2F

As for buying lenses with fungus or haze, well sometimes it's worth it, because you could buy lens for peanuts, cleaned it and have full working lens for small amount of money and effort, but you could always loose the money as well.

I really like the adaptall system and as you said you'll need an adapter. There were original adapters from Tamron to several mounts like Olympus OM, Pentax M42, Pentax P/K, Minolta, Canon FD, Nikon and more. There are also Chinese adapters from adaptall to for example Canon EOS, but they're not that good in my opinion. When I'm using adaptall lenses on my Canon, I still prefer use original Adaptall-M42 adapter + M42-Canon EOS adapter.

Good luck with finding lenses.
Remember that if you buy one in reasonable prize you could always resell it without loosing nothing or too much and buy another that suits you better Smile

Mateusz

Lovely renders! I particularly like IMG_0401_E-2.

@ marcusBMG: thanks for the links!

@ negreter19: it seems I can't find many Hoya on eBay, but I'll keep that lens in mind for a next purchase.

So, I ended up buying the Olyumpus, the slow one - the 3.5.
Well, I love it! Actually, my first feeling is that I'm gonna love Zuiko so much that I'm already thinking to buy some more Zuiko!
I'll try to post some early test soon.

Thank you all folks, this forum simply rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgustav wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

Wow, great samples!

On eBay that lens is quite pricey though, and I've another lens to buy already on my list! Smile
(really need a good wide, I'm considering the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.Cool

So, I'll guess this will be a little purchase. Do you have any experience with the Olympus Zuiko or the Tamron?

Thanks

I have experience with Tamron made Soligors which are excellent and Olympus Pen F lenses which are fantastic on MFT and APS-C, but pricey Wink