Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3M 5CA 500/8 + A Couple Additional Images
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: 3M 5CA 500/8 + A Couple Additional Images Reply with quote

Hello: I obtained this lens through our common benefactor - Attila (thank you, Attila).

I am sort of getting the "hang" of this lens, and this is the first of a few images that I will post on this thread.

This is looking up-valley in the Quinault River system. The open snow-filled meadow you see up there is a veritable garden of flowers in late July.

I try to get up there at least once a year to perch my camp up there and take in the view. Cool It's a steep climb through deep virgin forested hillsides that is beautiful in its own right, but the joy of breaking out into the meadow with its bubbling brook and million-dollar views of the valley is breathtaking.

I rather enjoyed the snowy view, so used the "big gun" 500mm lens to bring it in closer, and to enjoy the "hole" in the clouds where the sun was spotlighting the meadow.

For a mirror-type lens, this one holds its own with the others.

Muncaster Meadow
3M 5CA 500/8

Last edited by Laurence on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh yes, it's a great pic. Very nice!

cu Uwe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man... everywhere you go, you can catch the perfect view to let us travel virtually over there ... and fortunately you are linving near so great nature places !

In a word like thousands : thank you Laurence !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, we're all over the place! Previous image in the valley, and this image on the tidal estuary! Nothing like going from high elevations down to sea level!

This was another test shot with the big gun. Focus is, of course, on the upright driftwood.

Hood River Estuary
3M 5CA 500/8
No Unsharp Mask or other processing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, one more. This time we are back on the floor of the Quinault Valley, very close to where I took the first image. Interesting how Spring is "springing" here, yet the mountains still hold a heavy dose of Winter.

This one was stretching it a bit Surprised. 3M 5CA 500/8 with Komura Telemore95 2X Extender.

Actually not bad for a mirror with a relative focal length of 1500mm counting the K110D crop factor. Shocked

Roosevelt Elk Female in Mid-Term Pregnancy
3M 5CA 500/8 with Komura 2X
Unsharp Mask at 23/1/0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice capture , but TC lack lot of details.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice capture , but TC lack lot of details.

Yes, for sure!

I was, however, surprised that it wasn't EXTREMELY bad...better than I expected. It certainly won't win any "sharpness" awards! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. The quality without the converter is excellent, even with it, it's better than the cheap Centon etc. mirrors I've seen.