Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"3D" effect?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Zeiss 50 1.7 considered a good performer for "3d effect ?"

I'm testing lots of 50 mm lens to see which one suits me best and I need to test one Zeiss lens, and this one seems tack sharp, got the zeiss look, hope it has the zeiss 3d too

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordcamel wrote:
Is Zeiss 50 1.7 considered a good performer for "3d effect ?"

http://forum.mflenses.com/contax-501-7-wo-5dii-t28244.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess the answer is Yes !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, you need a series of other factors, not just the lens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofc , just looking for cheap lenses that can contribute to getting this 3d effect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

+1, you need a 30:f1.2 on aps-c and a 25:f0.85 on m4:3 to make those pics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Orio wrote:

I don't think I understood your statement very well ..

3d shots don't need 1.2 or 0.85 aperture ... nor a 50 mm equivalent lens

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordcamel wrote:
poilu wrote:
Orio wrote:

I don't think I understood your statement very well ..
3d shots don't need 1.2 or 0.85 aperture ... nor a 50 mm equivalent lens

I mean to make the same pics as in the 50:1.7 thread
while it is not necessary to use wide open to produce 3D look, using f8 on a p&s is the best way to kill 3D
check faq for crop to find conversions rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see your point sorry I 'm missing something Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordcamel wrote:
I really don't see your point sorry I 'm missing something Smile

mon commentaire souligne l'importance du senseur dans la tridimensionnalité d'une image
mes images avec le 50:1.7 offre une atmosphère qui nécessiterait un 30:f1.2 sous aps-c et un 25:f0.85 sous m4:3 pour être reproduite
vu que tu utilise un D700, format 35mm, ce commentaire n’était pas adressé a toi mais plutôt un avertissement général

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I call this one 3D effect too ...?

Last edited by vito88 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vito88 wrote:

Quoted so we can see picture

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mastazeko wrote:
vito88 wrote:

Quoted so we can see picture

Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: a 3D-Effect with lenses are impossible .. Reply with quote

deleted by TO

Last edited by meermike on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: a 3D-Effect with lenses are impossible .. Reply with quote

meermike wrote:
because lenses create a wrong blurring. A lens focused with "one eye" and a person focused with two eyes and thats a very important difference. Try it out by yourself and look at the different background, if you focusing an object with one and with two eyes !.

If you wish to create a better 3D-Effect you have to do many manually editing-steps with a full-sharp (!!) picture.

I have done many experiments with pictures and these are the results.

There are not only blurring-effects, but colour contrasts, bright-dark-contrasts and many more ..

Sorry for my bad english ..

For more examples please visit my homepage

Greetz Michael

www.3D-Fotos.de

Quoted so we can see pictures. Anti-spam measure Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenses generally creates a wrong blurring. A lens focused with "one eye" and a human person focused with two eyes and thats a very important difference. Try it out by yourself and look at the different background, if you focusing an object with one and with two eyes !.

If you wish to create a better 3D-Effect you have to do many manually editing-steps with a full-sharp (!!) picture.

I have done many experiments with pictures in the last 2 Years and these are the results.

There are not only blurring-effects, but colour contrasts, bright-dark-contrasts and many more ..

Sorry for my bad english ..

For more examples please visit my homepage

Greetz Michael

www.3D-Fotos.de

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care to explain the process some more? 3D is strong! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mastazeko wrote:
Care to explain the process some more? 3D is strong! Smile

Sorry, it´s too hard for me to explain it. I need many hours to create one of this pictures and in every picture there are different editing steps to do. To explain it in details, I need more Time and better english-knowledge Embarassed

But I used this software:

- Camera Raw
- Photoshop (CS 5)
- NiK Color Efex Pro
- Nik Viveza
- Nik Define
- (Dynamic Photo HDR) => for the ship, the digger and the mountains. The other pictures above were developed from one RAW-Picture without Tonemapping or HDR-Process.

Greetz
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, that I regret the day that I first posted a thread about the "3D effect". I wish I never did. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Michael
have a nice stay with us
3d-fotos.webnode.com is a funny site Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I have to say, that I regret the day that I first posted a thread about the "3D effect". I wish I never did. Rolling Eyes

Sorry for my pictures. I know, that some people didn´t like those hard edited pics Embarassed

But very many people all over the world like them and they were astonished about the much bigger effect in comparison with every real lens-bokeh.

Look at these postings about my pictures in different galleries Shocked
To date I have posted my 3D-Effect-Pictures in 92 forums and gallerys all over the world and received more than 1000 comments Very Happy

http://3d-fotos.webnode.com/meinungen-zu-den-fotos2/

Perhaps it´s a reason for rethinking about the "wrong" optical blurring that happens if you open the aperture of your camera !

I´ll never opened my apperture because I think that the editing of full-sharp-pictures with Photoshop is the much better way to create realistic impressions in 2D-Material. It cost much more time but I like those pictures much more than every other picture I ever see before. I don´t like my older pictures without these effects and never look at them.

Last edited by meermike on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't want to be negative in any way, but I find the samples you have posted to lack "natural" 3D effect. I guess this is due that it seems heavily over sharpened and the background blur seems just to PS manipulated. So 3D-wise it doesn't really work for me. But I really like the images for other reasons, detail, composition etc Smile

Cheers
/T

meermike wrote:
Orio wrote:

Sorry for my pictures. I know, that some people didn´t like those hard edited pics Embarassed

But very many people all over the world like them and they were astonished about the many bigger effect in comparison with every real lens-bokeh.

Look at these postings about my pictures in different galleries Shocked
To date I have posted my 3D-Effect-Pictures in 92 forums and gallerys all over the world and received more than 1000 comments Very Happy

http://3d-fotos.webnode.com/meinungen-zu-den-fotos2/

Perhaps it´s a reason for rethinking about the "wrong" optical blurring that happens if you open the aperture of your camera !

I´ll never close my apperture because I think that the editing of full-sharp-pictures with Photoshop is the much better way to create realistic impressions in 2D-Material. It cost much more time but I like those pictures much more than every other picture I ever see before. I don´t like my older pictures without these effects and never look at them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meermike wrote:

I wasn't referring to your pictures, Mike.
I was thinking that this type of thread (3 or 4 have been posted with this subject in different areas of the forum) has proven to be completely useless.
After some time, all kind of photos have been posted, as different as day and night, and as a result, if everybody sees a "3D effect" in everything, then it's like if it's nowhere.
It's obvious that the same concept of what looks "3D" in a photo is not shared and everybody sees it in different ways.
As a result, this whole type of thread goes nowhere, and turns out to be just a big waste of time.
This is my opinion of course. I feel guilty for having originally started a thread about this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was going to be a thread full of photos of old thrupenny bits Razz

* You need to be old and British to get it Embarassed

I'll get me coat.......