Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

28mm f3.5 Nikkor-H, "K" version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: 28mm f3.5 Nikkor-H, "K" version Reply with quote

I got this lens for IR work but it has a baffle that means it won't mount on a Canon camera at all, without modification so I've tried it out on the old Nikon F - the camera it was meant for - and it turns out to be a pretty handy lens.

This was shot on a 200ASA Kodak consumer film, Epson V500 scan:

The cliff is at Matala on the south coast of Crete and is interesting for various reasons. It was a Roman cemetery, the caves in it were cut out as graves; since the 1960s there have been hippies living there (Joni Mitchell went there and wrote the song Carey about her experience there) - there are still a few dropouts living in the caves despite what the guidebooks say, I bought a beer for a couple of them; and the cliff provides evidence of plate tectonics, some of the lower graves have sunk into the sea as the Island of Crete has tilted under the relentless pressure of the collision between the African and European continental plates (which is why southern Greece is prone to earthquakes and volcanic activity).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice picture and good story.

The African plate will crush us here against the alps like a nut in a cracker, it's only a matter of a few million years.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice picture and good story.

Agree, the story is as good as the picture, and that's a very nice picture. Good results with the Kodak film and Epson scanner, well done, Paul.