Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

200mm f/4.5 KASHIMURA DIANON
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: 200mm f/4.5 KASHIMURA DIANON Reply with quote

Recently purchased this lens as a curiosity. Anyone know anything about it? From what I've read, Kashimura had a close association with Tomoika at one point - and others.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a odd looking lens all top heavy nothing down the rear end...how balanced does it feel?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd for sure. It will be a while before I have it. I do like the number of blades.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting find indeed.

I have a mystery 300mm that may be related. I'll post it sometime and we'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, those are sexy, sexy blades.
I dont know why newer glass has 6-9 blades only.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
It's a odd looking lens all top heavy nothing down the rear end...how balanced does it feel?

It should be great, actually! I wish all tele lenses could be designed like that!

Moving the controls out to the end will make the camera/lens assembly much more stable when you are taking handheld shots. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a20010494 wrote:
Dude, those are sexy, sexy blades.
I dont know why newer glass has 6-9 blades only.

I think it's because auto diaphragm lenses need diaphragms to open and close extremely quickly, which makes more than 6-8 difficult and expensive to do. The older lenses have manual or preset ones...are there any auto diaphragm lenses with more than 8 blades?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggboy wrote:
are there any auto diaphragm lenses with more than 8 blades?

High end lenses have usually 9 blades

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that I never came back and posted images from this lens. When I first received it, I just took some simple pictures and put it away. Tuesday was 200mm day at the Dyxum site - one of the theme challenges - so I got this one and two other lenses out for my challenge shoot. No great images here, but at least I was able to evaluate the lens a little better. Here are my findings... It has a very long MFD, very long. While it is not absent of CA, I was surprised to see it fairly well controlled, especially on the white flower picture against the dark background. I made no CA correction to that and can only see a slight bit of magenta fringing mainly in one spot upon pixel peeping. Some of my lenses would have outlined that flower in blue. Sharpness is acceptable, but not remarkable. Whites are not blown out like on many other lenses - and this I appreciate. Given the quality and speed of a couple of others of my 200mm lenses, this one will only get occasional use or maybe sold.

50% crop

Last edited by woodrim on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that chiken for real or it's there just to scare away any other flying thing?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that ain't no chicken...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's called a turkey buzzard and they circle in the sky here always looking for death to feed their perverted appetite. There has been an awful smell coming from the wooded area between my house and the neighbor's and that is where several had gathered for feasting on some unidentified animal. I frightened them when I came out and this ugly chap flew to the neighbor's roof. There's nothing more disappointing than when I think I'm photographing a hawk, but then discover one of these horrid creatures when I process the image.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the bird Laughing I've seen this lens branded as Hanimex and Prinz Galaxy amongst others.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens!
I love this bokeh, I love the tenderness in picture, that make this lens
Color, sharpness - all the good!
Here some my photos with Kashimura Dianon 200mm f/4.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
eggboy wrote:
are there any auto diaphragm lenses with more than 8 blades?

High end lenses have usually 9 blades

new lenses are considered high end if they have more than 4 Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! beautiful pics.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll notice that I started this thread nearly four years ago. The lens has pretty much sat on my shelf since then, mostly because it's so slow. Every now and then I go back to my folder for it and look at the pictures. They always strike me as sharp and with good color. Most notably, the white in the flower shot maintained detail. I should take it out again, especially now that I have acquired a few more 200mm from which to compare. The Vivitar Series 1 has remained my favorite, followed by the Komura f/3.5, then in no order are Rokkor f/4, Topcor f/5.6, and Jupiter f/4. Seems I have a project for the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Origin seems to be Itoh - seen as Itoh Higon as that seems to have been the house brand.
Itoh is still around, a lens maker - optical components anyway.
I have the 300 and 400 of this line and the 135 isn't too rare.
The 300 is ... interesting. The 400, the jury is still out.
Your 200 seems much more conventionally capable.