Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2008 Calendar - November submissions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: 2008 Calendar - November submissions Reply with quote

Please post as a reply to this thread the links to the pictures you are submitting for the November month of the MFLF 2008 Calendar.
You can submit from 1 to 10 photos for this month. If you submit more than 10 photos, the submissions after the 10th will be deleted. If you submit photos in several times, please remember to do that by editing your original reply (instead of sending a second reply)

Please tag your entries this way:
nickname-XX-whatever(optional).jpg

For instance if the nickname is Fulvius, your third entry can be named like:

fulvius-03-mygarden.jpg or
fulvius-03.jpg

In other words you may or not enter a specific photo name but the tag must be there, to allow for easier identification later.

Last edited by Orio on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Orio 01:

(Contax Planar 1.4/50 with B+W polarizer, on EOS 5D).

- Orio 02:

(Contax Planar 1.4/50 with B+W polarizer, on EOS 5D).

- Orio 03:

(Contax Distagon 1.4/35 on EOS 5D)

- Orio 04:

(Helios-44 [M39] on EOS 400D).

- Orio 05:

(Yashica ML 2.8/24 on EOS 5D)

- Orio 06:

(Yashica ML 2.8/24 on EOS 5D)

- Orio 07:

(Contax Planar 1.4/50 on EOS 5D)

- Orio 08:

- Orio 09:

- Orio 10:

-

Last edited by Orio on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:13 am; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice vivid colors!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Very nice vivid colors!

Thanks Smile
Again, I did not adjust saturation. When I say that with manual lenses, I have forgotten what it means to software-saturate a photograph, many don't believe me, but it's the truth.
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual I never make any modification on my pictures and I never shoot with AF lenses at all :)Sometimes I correct exposition if I under exposed that is it. Better to use a good lens than spend lot of time on a single pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, nice shots!. I love the superb sharpness of the second one...
I imagine the 5D also collaborates to get that brilliant final result.
And from the photographer point of view, the composition is excellent, congrats for such nice pictures.
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Orio, nice shots!. I love the superb sharpness of the second one...
I imagine the 5D also collaborates to get that brilliant final result.
And from the photographer point of view, the composition is excellent, congrats for such nice pictures.
Best regards,
Jes.

Thanks Jes. The 5D is a good ingredient but not indispensable, I can get the same result with the 400D.
In this particular case, a key role is played by the polarizer, which allows for details to surface from what would have been a hazy background otherwise... and of course, when you stop down a Contax Planar to f/8, the detail MUST be there Wink
As for the composition, I talked about it here a while ago with Peter and Bill, perhaps you were not member yet. I confessed my sources in my admiration for the landscape painters that range from 17th to 19th century. I am an art and museum lover (not to mention amateur painter from time to time) and most of what is my photographic style, I derived from the study of the composition in the paintings that I like.

I even published a sample image of the type of composition that most inspire me, with the use of trees as natural "curtains". It must be here buried in some past thread.
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LensLunatic wrote:
Hi Folks,
...just to enliven the Calendar pic thread for November (foggy mornings, noons and evenings... Wink ):

Excellent. I do like the tops of the buildings sticking up as an analogy of rocky reefs for the unwary pilot in a sea-like cloudscape.

Where was this taken?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LensLunatic wrote:
Hi Folks,
...just to enliven the Calendar pic thread for November (foggy mornings, noons and evenings... Wink

OK - I give up!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote