Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2005 AGFA VISTA 200 in LEICA M6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: 2005 AGFA VISTA 200 in LEICA M6 Reply with quote

I went on the London 'LEICA MEET 2014' April 16th and loaded my 1986 M6 with some AGFA VISTA 200 I had in my fridge unused so I rated it at 125 ASA and had it processed by BOOTS Brentwood High Street as the operator there 'knows' photography and the difference between a Cyan and a green cast -- here are some print scans done on my 'Mustek 1200 UB' flatbed scanner -- it it 'real AGFA' film NOT the Poundshop one ( I have never yet found a Poundshop branch actually selling any )
35mm f1.4 Canadian Leitz Summilux at f4
LeicaMeet 15 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
35mm f1.4 Canadian Leitz Summilux at f5.6
LeicaMeet 14 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
35mm f1.4 Canadian Leitz Summiluix at f4
LeicaMeet 12 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

50mm f2 Summicron at f5.6
LeicaMeet 16 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vista 200 was made by Agfa, Visa Plus 200 is the replacement, made by Fuji, I think it's excellent stuff. If you want some, my local Poundland still has it and I would be happy to buy it for you, I think I'm their only customer for it. Smile

This shot with Vista Plus 200 was taken in the worst possible light conditions, so dark, and it was raining, I used my Tokina 3.5-4.5/20-35 wide open at f3.5 with the film rated at 200 and a shutter speed of 1/40 to give you an idea of how dark it was. Scanned on my Plustek 7600i, no PP other than auto colour in Photoshop to correct the slight magenta cast my scanner always produces. The reds really pop with this Vista Plus 200, which leads me to suspect it is closely related to Superia:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: 2005 AGFA VISTA 200 in LEICA M6 Reply with quote

Ian : many thanks for the offer to buy me some BUT I have SO MUCH FILLUM in the fridge I cannot use it all up quickly enough and I keep getting given more !!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish people gave me film!

I bought 20 more rolls of the Agfa yesterday, now my fridge is full.They only had 24exp sadly, but still, it's impossible to ignore and I still have 40-50 rolls of the 36exp left as well. Then today I grabbed 12 rolls of 36exp Jessops Diamond Everyday on ebay for 7 quid inc p&P praying it's the second version not the first one made by Ferrania which was awful.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Jessops Diamond film -- Reply with quote

Ian ; I had some of that Jessops 'Diamond' film and it was AGFA in the black film pots and it was very good -- it was 'outdated' as usual but with extra exposure no probs !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, some was Agfa, I think the Agfa came first but they later switched to Ferrania, I'll find out when it arrives and i see where it was made. Fingers crossed for Agfa! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots Pete!
Funny that we might have bumped into each other as I have been taking a lot of shots in Central London this last month.

About the Poundland shops that have Agfaphoto Vista Plus 200, here in Walthamstow we have now 2 shops within a few yards of each other and both have some films dated to sometime in 2016.

Like Ian I have about 60-70 of the 36 exp. rolls in the fridge, some due to expire this year. Need to use them, as well as some recently expired Lucky Colour films.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know when Poundland started selling film, but about 3 years ago snapped up their Kodak Ultramax 400..other ones they have had are:- Ferrania (not plus) and Kodak colorplus,