Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1938 Talbot Lago T-150C
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: 1938 Talbot Lago T-150C Reply with quote

Here's a stunning beauty from this past Sunday's 30th annual Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance.

When I accidentally discovered the Delahaye and Talbot-Lago makes just a couple of
years ago, I was immediately enraptured by the lines and details of these gems.
As with any high-attendance event, the Concours poses many challenges for obtaining
good shots of nearly anything. I'm especially pleased with this set, as it really shows
colors and design to their fullest.

The placard reads:

1938 Talbot Lago T-150C
Roadster by Figoni & Falaschi

Originally owned by a Count and Countess

Alexandre Darracq started as a bicycle manufacturer and expaded into horseless carriages in 1896. Darracq was in the forefront of pioneers of mechanical inlet valves, L-head engines, pressed steel chassis and proper location of back axles using torque control arms. Darracq was active in racing and in 1919 took over English Talbot and then merged with Sunbeam to form the Sunbeam Talbot Darracq Group. This Anglo-French combination collapsed in 1935 and the French portion was reorganized by Anthony Lago as Talbot-Lago. The British portion was taken over by Rootes and badged as Darracq. Talbot-Lago production ceased in 1959 when Simca took over. Simca was subsequently taken over by Chrysler in 1963.

The T-150 was introduced in 1934. Several variations were produced. The T-150 was Talbot's racing cars and the T-150C was the long wheelbase model at 2.75 meters. Only about 60 of these cars were produced and about half had custom coachwork. The car was powered by a 4-liter 6-cylinder engine with hemispherical combustion chambers and asymmetric rockers operating inclined valves, but retaining a single camshaft and parallel pushrods producing 110 horsepower.

There were fourteen Talbot-Lago T-150C's created by Figoni & Falaschi between 1937 and 1939 and this is the only roadster with covered front wheels. The car was originally purchased by the Portugese Count and Countess of Covilha. The car remained with the original owner's family until 1975.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like these cars!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I really like these cars!
As do I! Wink

Both the Delahaye and the Talbot-Lago marques were extensively bodied
by the Figoni & Falaschi coachbuilders, which is why many of the two marques
have such similar appearances.

These automobiles are extremely rare and valuable, as well.
Last years' only Delahaye on display was the single most-valuable entrant
in the show, with an estimated value at the time of US $3.8 Million. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:
These automobiles are extremely rare and valuable, as well.
Last years' only Delahaye on display was the single most-valuable entrant
in the show, with an estimated value at the time of US $3.8 Million. Shocked

Great, let me know if any come up for sale! Laughing