Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1935-36 Kodak RETINA type 118
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: 1935-36 Kodak RETINA type 118 Reply with quote

a Lady contacted Brentwood Photographic Club saying she had some some photo gear to go to a 'Good Home'==== Instamatics, Slide Projectors, screen etc but included was a 'Kodak Retina' so I applied for that and she got it from her Sister's house in Northampton and brought it to Brentwood. The paint was all scratched but luckily NOT the 50mm f3.5 un-coated Schneider XENAR and the Compur shutter worked except the 1 second was a bit 'Slow'. Engraved on the leather case was faintly 'Foto Gambini Bologna' and the Depth of Field scale is in French Also, there was a Czechoslovakian COIN screwed onto base. I unscrewed it and the coin had a Lady in state of Undress holding a Wheat Sheaf and the figure '1'. I was told to get 'Humbrol Matt Number 33' paint but it does not match the Kodak paint, which is more 'Glossy'. It was good for all the scratched areas inside the back though.

I have done a VIDEO about this Retina -- you can see it here --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTe6ap5BWoc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: 1935-36 Kodak RETINA type 118 Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
. I was told to get 'Humbrol Matt Number 33' paint but it does not match the Kodak paint, which is more 'Glossy'. It was good for all the scratched areas inside the back though.

Although I've yet to use it myself, I've seen Birchwood Casey products being highly recommended for those little jobs around camera equipment.

They supply super gloss and super matt touch up pens, and also bottles if I remember. I don't know if this helps for the future, Pete, but I thought I'd say.

See ebay link below -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Birchwood-Casey-Super-Black-Instant-Touch-Up-Pen-Gloss-Black-New/273994068376?hash=item3fcb51b198:g:yacAAOSwnlZdb855

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that 'Link' -- I will investigate ---

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
Thanks for that 'Link' -- I will investigate ---

No problem. I think there's a guy using it on youtube somewhere. On his gun.