Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

17mm f4 SMC Takumar 'Fish-Eye'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: 17mm f4 SMC Takumar 'Fish-Eye' Reply with quote

Found in my files and scanned a 10x8" print I did myself in RA4 chemicals. Taken many years ago now on a trip with the Pentax Club of great Britain to the Didcot Railway . I used an Asahi Pentax 'Electro-Spotmatic' I had bought in Japan in 1973 with a 17mm f4 SMC Takumar fish-eye lens that was 'on loan' from the Pentax Company to Club members on trips, No record of the FILM I used though. I used to enjoy being able to loan lenses until one trip we went to Switzerland and on the way back our coach was stopped at the French border ( BEFORE UK was in the 'EU' ) and the grumpy French Customs put a huge 'Duty' on the Pentax Lenses found in a case -- well, Peter & Liz Cox running the trip had to go round asking us for French Francs to pay the bill ! So that was the END of the 'Lens Loan' scheme !

Train Crossing by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shot, Pete. Pin sharp from front to back, I like it a lot! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never find a lot of uses for the FE lenses. Well, here is one.

Well done!!