Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15mm f/3.5 AIS Nikkor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: 15mm f/3.5 AIS Nikkor Reply with quote

And D850. Sunflowers in Late Afternoon Sun. Mt Pleasant (just north of Charleston), SC. In order to get this perspective, I had to extend the tripod center column all the way up and the tripod legs all the way down and hoist the camera over my head and use the self timer to trip the shutter. The camera was about 11 feet above the ground. Live view helped me compose the image.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens got me hooked.
I started the hunt Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
That lens got me hooked.

It is a tremendous lens, it takes in 110º with no pincushion or barrel distortion at all. In the right light though it can ghost somewhat. Nikon multicoated the back elements but not the front ones, I still can't figure out their rationale on that one. The only thing you have to be careful of is not damage that huge front element, the depth of field is such that the scratch or chip might be visible. Mine has the metal front element cap, it fits a lot better than the plastic one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonAIS wrote:
Himself wrote:
That lens got me hooked.

It is a tremendous lens, it takes in 110º with no pincushion or barrel distortion at all. In the right light though it can ghost somewhat. Nikon multicoated the back elements but not the front ones, I still can't figure out their rationale on that one. The only thing you have to be careful of is not damage that huge front element, the depth of field is such that the scratch or chip might be visible. Mine has the metal front element cap, it fits a lot better than the plastic one.

Got it!
Thank you!
Not in a hurry to splash $1000 on ebay. There has to be something locally available in order to be able to check it carefully.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
NikonAIS wrote:
Himself wrote:
That lens got me hooked.

Got it!
Thank you!
Not in a hurry to splash $1000 on ebay. There has to be something locally available in order to be able to check it carefully.

See if Roberts Camera has one for sale on Ebay. I have been doing business with them for years, they are very reputable and only sell first rate stuff.