Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15-blade 250mm f/4.5 soligor prime??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: 15-blade 250mm f/4.5 soligor prime?? Reply with quote

I've got here a 250mm f/4.5 soligor lens, looking at the aperture it has 15 blades, is this really a soligor? Or is it a rebadged lens etc?

It's T-mount, Ive had it for a long time, but never really used it much.. I should test it out.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post a picture...

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is side on, it has two aperture controls, one click stops down, which sets minimum aperture, the other one a smooth control down to what you set with the first one

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks my Takumar 200mm f3.5 (really crap, door stop) I hope this is better.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 200mm f/3.5 that is quite good, M42, Tamron adaptall-1

Anyway this lens isnt good wide open, but here is from f/8, so it's useable, I think it would be good for portraiture on full frame.

f/8, ISO 800, 1/250 sec, +0.5EV in Post.

+some post processing.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From F8 ? Shocked Confused door stop too Laughing

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol actually I wouldnt mind it that much... its just hard to use, the focus ring turns right, same way as the T-mount undoes, and the focus isn't loose, so the lens spins instead of focusing unless you hold it with two hands at the beginning Razz

I wish Jupiter lenses weren't so damn expensive... lol

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey !

I'm looking for that for my collection ! I love the old Soligors !

At that time Soligor was a brand name used by an American marketing company, Allied Impex. Later it became the name of a German marketing company. Like Vivitar, Soligor/Allied Impex never made lenses themselves.

The manufacturers of Soligor lenses were varied. Some early ones were Tamrons, including a version of the 250/4.5. But this one is a different version, and doesn't look like the Tamron.

Other Soligors were made by Tokina, including the T4 mount automatic lenses.

Your 250/4.5 looks a lot like my 180/3.5 Soligor, and I have no idea who made either of them. If you weren't in Australia I would be happy to buy it from you.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it says it was made in japan on the lens barrel on this one No. H30448

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a Takumar.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serendipity !

The question of a Kominar 85/1.8 by member kuuan led to research about a Vivitar 85/1.8, that had a very strong family resemblance to my Soligor 180/3.5, and to your 250/4.5. And then there is testimony from member Estudleon about the same lens sold as a Soligor.

So I speculate, of fairly strong grounds, that your 250 and my 180, along with a lot of the Soligor line of preset lenses was probably manufactured by Komine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one very similar, but clearly another lens with "T" in the serial. This must be the real tamron?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the Tamron indeed.