Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

12,000 Feet with a 4x5 - Chasm Lake Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: 12,000 Feet with a 4x5 - Chasm Lake Trail Reply with quote

Yesterday I developed a few sheets of film I had left in some film holders.

I took this one 6 months ago at roughly 12,000 ft while hiking the Chasm Lake Trail in Rocky Mountain National Park. 40 pounds of camera gear gets pretty heavy at these elevations.

Shot with a 4x5 Large Format camera using Fomapan 200 film and developed in Pyrocat MC for 8.5 minutes.

Chasm Lake Trail 4x5 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow fantastic work! Smile
What lens did you use?
Did you just dev in pyrocat for 8.5mins @ 20deg? What ratio did you use 1:4 or 1:9?
Thanks for sharing. Smile

Last edited by Hood on Mon May 29, 2017 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impresive mountain landscape!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

Hood wrote:
What lens did you use?
Did you just dev in pyrocat for 8.5mins @ 20deg? What ratio did you use 1:4 or 1:9?

It was a while ago now, but I believe it was a Kodak Ektar 203mm F7.7 and a minus blue filter.

Yes 8.5 minutes at 20 degrees using Pyrocat MC and a Jobo Tank (constant agitation). I used the stock ratio of 1:1:100.

Pyrocat MC is my go-to developer for b&w film.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado CJ wrote:
Thanks everyone!

Hood wrote:
What lens did you use?

It was a while ago now, but I believe it was a Kodak Ektar 203mm F7.7 and a minus blue filter.

Yes 8.5 minutes at 20 degrees using Pyrocat MC and a Jobo Tank (constant agitation). I used the stock ratio of 1:1:100.

Pyrocat MC is my go-to developer for b&w film.

Nice one those ektar lenses are crazy good. Was this on a Crown Graffic or Grafflex?

Did you do the constant agitations to up the contrast? Have you ever tried 1:100 stand dev with the pyrocat?
I'm yet to try pyrocat yet, but keen to give it a go once I finish my bottles of rodinal. Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used my Zone VI 4x5

Wista-Zone-VI-1 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

For my 4x5 work, I use a Jobo 2520 and 2509N reel. I use a cheap cica chrome rotating base to rotate the drum continuously since I don't have a Jobo processor. I don't use constant agitation to build contrast, I use it since it only needs 300mm of developer for 6 sheets. If I did normal agitation or stand developement, I'd have to use over 1000ml of developer per 6 sheets.

Pyrocat MC was designed to use in constant agitation machines like the Jobo, but it will work for other developing methods too.