Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Мир-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDGARVE, Thank You!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bittacy, Sergtum, thanks for sharing your opinions! It's interesting to know about the colour of coating as an indicator of the model's sharpness.

Sergtum, good find! If it is not indiscreet of me, I'd like to ask you what is your definition of "cheap" for a white Mir-1 you got? A couple years ago I got a black Mir-1 for around 30 euros. It did not impress me, but I read some positive reviews (together with very negative ones), so I said to myself it might be worth turning back to the lens when I have longer time to test and to adjust myself to its merits. I still was pretty curious about white versions that normally trade from 50 and up to 100 euros. I am still undecided if I need a white Mir-1 added to the black one left somewhere on the shelves, and to some others 35mms like Hexanon, Yashinon-DX and Takumar.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, I posted some comparison pictures of the two Mir 1 lenses I have in the other Mir 1 thread, it shows how the coatings affect the White balance mainly. I wouldn’t worry too much about the coatings as far as sharpness goes, I think the sample to sample variance is probably the main reason for the difference in mine, but I don’t think it hurts to get an earlier lens if possible, it seems like the quality is a little higher. I have an early KMZ Helios 40, 44, Jupiter 11 and Jupiter 8 with the blue coating and they are all great..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bittacy, thank you for the good news. I've seen the neighbour thread. A useful comparison!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:

Sergtum, good find! If it is not indiscreet of me, I'd like to ask you what is your definition of "cheap" for a white Mir-1 you got?

1500(lens cost) + 500(post cost) российских рублей ~ approximately in sum 30 EUR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergtum, thank you for the precision. 30 euros is a very good price for a white Mir in such a good condition! Wish you more good shots