Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

'1 Day 1 roll' event?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

1 Day 1 Roll event, are you interested?
Yes, I am interested!
66%
 66%  [ 33 ]
Maybe
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
No, I'm not interested
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 50

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Okay, so I've got my film developed and scanned, where do I post them?

You post them to a place like Flickr, if you have an account, or, you can create your own personal thread in the B&W film gallery
and post them all there, then post the link only to the following thread:
http://forum.mflenses.com/time-machine-project-2012-may-5-t49174.html

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Okay, so I've got my film developed and scanned, where do I post them?

You post them to a place like Flickr, if you have an account, or, you can create your own personal thread in the B&W film gallery
and post them all there, then post the link only to the following thread:
http://forum.mflenses.com/time-machine-project-2012-may-5-t49174.html

I thought we were supposed to post the best 3 pics with the link too?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i finished my roll at 6:30 tonight. now, to soup it ...

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hood wrote:

I thought we were supposed to post the best 3 pics with the link too?

Yes, also the choice of the best 3 pics.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to shoot a 24exp roll after work yesterday, but packed it in due to a headache.
Hope to make next month's contest.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to your partecipation next month, Bill!
I have souped my roll. I'm not sure of the developer's action, the frames look detailed and correctly developed but I see a lower than usual contrast from the Tmax 100-Tmax dev. combination.
Perhaps my Tmax dev. was starting to exhaust. Note to self: next time developing with old Tmax dev, increase agitations.

Now hanging to dry, so tomorrow I will probably post my roll!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Looking forward to your partecipation next month, Bill!
I have souped my roll. I'm not sure of the developer's action, the frames look detailed and correctly developed but I see a lower than usual contrast from the Tmax 100-Tmax dev. combination.
Perhaps my Tmax dev. was starting to exhaust. Note to self: next time developing with old Tmax dev, increase agitations.

Now hanging to dry, so tomorrow I will probably post my roll!

I used TMAX too but with Paterson FX-39, I had lower contrast too, so I played with the contrast a little. The FX-39 is designed for T-grain type films like TMAX, Ilford Delta, Agfa APX, no idea how it compares to the TMAX dev never used that and never shot TMAX film before either, I grabbed 5 rolls of it from ebay very cheap. Shot two yesterday and I do like it, nice fine grain but the dynamic range doesn't match upto Fomapan 100 in RO9 which is the best combo I've found so far.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the darkroom course 3 years ago, teachers taught us to agitate Tmax dev. for 30 seconds initially, then 5 inversions every minute.
I instead sticked with the Kodak instructions that say to agitate first only 5 seconds.
I think the problem lies there, the TMax rolls I made at the school were perfect for my taste so I assume that the initial agitation of 30 seconds is what made the difference.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
At the darkroom course 3 years ago, teachers taught us to agitate Tmax dev. for 30 seconds initially, then 5 inversions every minute.
I instead sticked with the Kodak instructions that say to agitate first only 5 seconds.
I think the problem lies there, the TMax rolls I made at the school were perfect for my taste so I assume that the initial agitation of 30 seconds is what made the difference.

I did 30secs initial agitation by inversion then 3 inversions every minute, I got decent contrast, but I like pretty high contrast for BW so I pumped it up a bit in PP.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good side to lower contrast though, the negative is easier to print in a condenser light enlarger such as mine.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
There's a good side to lower contrast though, the negative is easier to print in a condenser light enlarger such as mine.

Yes indeed, I think the way the roll came out would have made for nice printing. I used to like #4 grade paper the most (or Multigrade with a #4 filter) as I like higher contrast. I spent most of this week cleaning junk out of my old darkroom so sometime I can grab a cheap enlarger and do some printing again, I used to spend days on end in the darkrooms at college and then university, it was something I great enjoyed and I got to be quite proficient, I used to do all the photo printing for the student magazine.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

souping my now. scan maybe mid-day tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my set. All low quality scans I'm afraid.

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1229658.html#1229658

I'm not sure I'm supposed to post pics here but these are my favs.

Edit: Pics removed and put in the correct thread. Sorry Embarassed

Last edited by Yebisu on Mon May 07, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yebisu, an interesting roll! Great view of Fuji.
Two notes:
- limit of pictures embedded here is 3
- please limit pictures vertical size to 1024 (same as horizontal), thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu, the link and the choice of 3 best pictures must not be posted here.
The correct thread is this: http://forum.mflenses.com/time-machine-project-2012-may-5-t49174.html

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just processed the roll I shot on Saturday and will scan and post when they're dry. I used a 1937 Retina so was very pleased to see some negs on the roll just now! Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the month of June, what about Saturday 2nd or Sunday 3rd?
Would you prefer a Saturday or a Sunday?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday the 4th, it's a bank holiday in the UK and the Royal Jubilee so will be lots to shoot.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! I'm in! I'm sorry I missed the May event. I just found out today. Woohoo! I have no idea where I'll be on that day, since I travel over 2,500 miles in a weeks time, and where I go isn't up to me. Mad But that makes the challenge more exciting.
Now, I need to decide what camera system. I think 35mm since I can have that developed anywhere..yikes...just remembered that my cd burner/player is fried on my laptop. Erg, but I can't work around that.

I have a Konica T3 with a 35, 40, 50, 100, and 135, and the 70-150 zoom...or
a Contax 139 with 50mm Planar plus a 2x macro converter/focus (quite lovely), and a Tamron SP 35-80
I might have a Minolta laying around with the 70-210 f4 Leica zoom.

Just bought some Fuji 200..not much selection at Walmart.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Monday the 4th, it's a bank holiday in the UK and the Royal Jubilee so will be lots to shoot.

Monday is a working day for many, don't know if we'll have many subscribers.
Let's ask around, would Monday 4th be ok for you?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it seems that no one is supporting the idea of a Monday as possible day.
Which of course is understandeable since for most it's a working day.
At the same time, I think that times are getting shorter for scheduling the next event this weekend. Some people with families may need to do some planning in order to be able to take part.
So I would set the next event for Saturday 9th, unless there are major objections.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok by me ....

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer Sunday if possible!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
I'd prefer Sunday if possible!

For me it's ok, anyone any problem for Sunday 10 ?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday 10th is fine for me.