Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

'1 Day 1 roll' event?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

1 Day 1 Roll event, are you interested?
Yes, I am interested!
66%
 66%  [ 33 ]
Maybe
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
No, I'm not interested
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 50

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I'm out, got other things to do tomorrow now. Sad

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Orio. I'm in too, for this Saturday at least. I should be able to get this roll dev'd and scanned before I go to Aus on 19th May, but after that I don't know whether I can get my films developed down under until I get home again in July.

I'm going to need to use a mounted flash indoors for at least half the shots - I haven't done any flash shooting for years so there's going to be a few mistakes I expect. I now have a posh 360PX to go with the X-700 so there's no excuse! Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
I haven't done any flash shooting for years so there's going to be a few mistakes I expect

do like me, shot 2 films and select the 36 best pics Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Peter wrote:
I haven't done any flash shooting for years so there's going to be a few mistakes I expect

Smile Nice thought!

I've just discovered there's a half-used roll still in the X-700, so I'll take 16 on that one and 36 on another. Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Peter wrote:

Hey don't cheat!! Surprised

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day is upon us! Can't wait to see what everyone gets up to Very Happy

.mic

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down -- and am yes number 19. I'll be doing it anyway. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusted off and ready...Ikonta 512 6x9.....only 8 pictures on the roll...

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shot my roll already (Nikon U, kit lens, Fujicolor 100). I went to the biggest tourist spot in Japan, Hakone in central Japan. It was a bright sunny day and I could even see Mt. Fuji. It might be the last time until late autumn as Fuji disappears behind a haze in the warmer months. I don't think I got anything special just a bunch of touristy snapshots.

I'll get them developed tomorrow and scan them myself on my V700.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took out my Minolta X700 today with my Minolta 50mm F1.4 lens for the first time for me to try on film. I was also testing my first rolls of Fuji pro 160s. I had to shoot some work for a project Iam doing to help a friend with a composition and performance piece for WAPA here (Western Australian Performing Arts academy). He has asked me to shoot some video and stills to be combined for the visual part of the performance. I went to the old abandoned power plant in south fremantle for this, it was fantastic, so industrial and rundown and yet intensely colourful from all the graffiti art everywhere.
Understanding that Orio's intention was to capture more of a 'day in the life' of the world, through photographers around the world. And not beingsure whether my first roll would really count towards that, I also loaded a second film and went into the southern town of Fremantle and shot a roll there and in a surrounding nature lookout. I hope this is ok, I just wanted to try and capture some of what the intended goal was.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am glad i saw this thread.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the monster today and it eat the film in 10 minutes, easy on a market and I didn't had too much time

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to decide what to bring today. I'd like to take the 6X7, but I'll have my two dogs on-leash all afternoon, which would make the 6X7 extremely cumbersome to deal with (more so than already.)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My roll is done, will I still be able to cook it right? It's more than one year that I don't cook rolls, I guess I will restart with a less important one first Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a stunning day here today so I managed to get everything I had to do done by 3pm and found time to shoot a roll, just loaded it in the good old Paterson and about to dunk the dev in.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got out today with a Nikon FE10 and Nikkor 35 f2 AiS...did a quick lap around the centre of Liverpool and then went to Speke where I volunteer to restore old planes in the afternoon.

Got back to the house 24 shots later to find that the film hadn't caught after being loaded badly by me (it's been a while Razz) and I have the sum total of nothing Razz Will do some tests before next time Razz

.mic

Last edited by mictheslik on Sat May 05, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Mic, at least you can use the film again. Did you get it from Poundland?

What plane were you restoring? That Vulcan bomber project?

This was my chosen arsenal of weapons for today:

Hexanon 2.8/24, Konica Autoreflex T, Hexanon 3.5/28 and Hexanon 3.5/200, Weston Master II:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty Ian! Shame on me I forgot this challenge and I did walk with my wife I wouldn't look like a donkey Smile so I left all film cameras.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, got it from Poundland Smile Quite enjoyed the experience (would have done so even more if I hadn't rushed loading 'cos the sun was out for about 10 minutes Razz)

I help out at the old Speke airport. We've got a Jetstream 41, Percival Prince, Avro 748, Gloster Meteor and a Grumman AA1 - http://www.spekeaero.org/

.mic

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind Attila, there's always next month. As long as you had a nice day with your good lady wife.

Glad you enjoyed it Mic, I'll check that site out, I love old aeroplanes, sadly the aircraft museum here had to close due to lack of funding.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I took the X-700 with me today but there were only 18 shots left in it - Portra 160VC. So I'm going to bend the rules slightly and take the Spotmatic F out tomorrow and use up the rest of that roll and see if i can make it to 36. Then I can get them developed together. A 'day' is 24 hours after all.... Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
So I'm going to bend the rules slightly

No, only photos from May 5th, please.
The thing makes sense if we enter photos taken in the same day. If we break this rule, then the whole events makes no sense anymore.
You can post the partial roll, no problem.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I've got my film developed and scanned, where do I post them?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My roll is done. I will likely develop on Monday and scan the next day.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My roll is done, will drop off Monday...should have them scanned and up by end of the week. Last shot was a 30 second time exposure of my street...