Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

'1 Day 1 roll' event?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

1 Day 1 Roll event, are you interested?
Yes, I am interested!
66%
 66%  [ 33 ]
Maybe
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
No, I'm not interested
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 50

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool for me, too. i think i'll shoot a roll of bw400cn, or xp2, or a c-41 color - 24 exposure - to knock some of the pressure down from the 36 exposure challenge, and save developing/scanning time ... Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's ok: if I don't destroy the roll like I did last time.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday 10th, Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and load the film properly this time Razz

Should be able to do Sunday 10th Smile

.mic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK for Sunday 10th then!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reminder for tomorrow !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already shot a roll and it's developed and drying.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I already shot a roll and it's developed and drying.

haha! Time zone advantage! I guess our Australian mates finished yesterday Confused I'm going to an Air Show, today, at the beach; jets and bikini's. Still, not sure what camera to shoot; Minolta or Konica?' Uhg, decisions, decisions.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets and bikinis sounds good, I just shot some old ruins in the forest.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was constrained by poor (rain) weather and family obligations to the remaining 9 frames on a roll of drugstore iso 400 c-41. will get the roll processed today ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a new date planned? I'd love to participate next time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulusje wrote:
Is there a new date planned? I'd love to participate next time.

Given the low number of partecipants in the last two dates I decided to wait until September.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you like to restart the "One Day, One Roll" event?
I was thinking of Saturday 3 or Sunday 4, November of course... is there interest?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Would you like to restart the "One Day, One Roll" event?
I was thinking of Saturday 3 or Sunday 4, November of course... is there interest?

I'd make the attempt this time, I now have a reliable film body.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess the challenge is that I have to limit myself to shooting just one roll of film on a day out Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
So I guess the challenge is that I have to limit myself to shooting just one roll of film on a day out Very Happy

And there's only a very short time allowed for developing, a bit too short for me I'm sorry to say.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. I'll be with Anastasia so I'll have no problem taking a roll.

My last attempt at this ended in complete disaster. I've never shot a more useless roll. I was too embarrassed to even post it. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
rawhead wrote:

And there's only a very short time allowed for developing, a bit too short for me I'm sorry to say.

Not true, we went over this, a month is allowed, that is not a short time, definitely not a 'very short time'.

Either join in or don't, but no need to lie about things.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
peterqd wrote:
rawhead wrote:

Not true, we went over this, a month is allowed, that is not a short time, definitely not a 'very short time'.

Either join in or don't, but no need to lie about things.

I would have loved to join in and don't you of all people accuse of lying! My first film in May couldn't be developed in time before I went to Australia, so I missed that one, and whilst I was in Australia I couldn't get the second film for July developed locally. A month was not adequate Ian, whatever you think. I simply wasn't allowed enough time to enter my pictures and so I wasted two films + the developing cost on this exercise.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

I would have loved to join in and don't you of all people accuse of lying! My first film in May couldn't be developed in time before I went to Australia, so I missed that one, and whilst I was in Australia I couldn't get the second film for July developed locally. A month was not adequate Ian, whatever you think. I simply wasn't allowed enough time to enter my pictures and so I wasted two films + the developing cost on this exercise.

Peter, you already complained about this, and I already told you that you can post your images whenever you want, no time limit for you.
So, why to stir up this polemic again?

I am sorry that you have such trouble to have your film developed in less than one month.
But you can't say with a serious face that a timespan of one month is not adequate to develop one film roll...
In any case, you can not say that you were not allowed enought time to enter your pictures,
because I have exempted you from the time limitation.

And certainly you can not blame on me the fact that you "wasted two films + the developing cost",
because nobody forced you into taking those photos! If you weren't personally motivated to take pictures that day,
you shouldn't have done it. This event is supposed to be a moment of joy, not a duty to carry out reluctantly.

If the cost of two films + development is such a problem for you, please let me know your Paypal address:
I am unemployed, but I'ìll be glad to personally refund your financial loss.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keen on starting again. I completely forgot about the one film one day. In fact I've been really busy recently so have been shooting a lot less.

However, I'm going out all day today with nothing but photography to do. What a wonderful luxury! I'm taking my FE loaded with some Kentmere 400 and my Pentax 67 with acros. I'll grab my d3000 too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear about your work situation Orio, I know what it's like. I hope things pick up for you soon.

Of course I'm not concerned about the money, I had fun taking the pictures even though I never posted them. However, you might be surprised to know that for developing and scanning one 36-shot roll with 30 pictures I was charged very nearly £20 in Sydney. And on top of that, the pictures were a disaster - I think I think the shop hadn't seen any film for a very long time.

In truth I'd forgotten you'd allowed me more time. By the time I got the pictures back it was well past the deadline and as they were so bad I never bothered to post them. Let's give it another go on the date you choose and I'll see what I can do. Remembrance Sunday (11 November) would be a good opportunity for pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Peter, we can make November 11, Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I schedule next event for Saturday 22nd.

Why?
1- it's a Saturday (Sats seem to gather more partecipants than Sundays)
2- We can celebrate after survival from Maya Laughing
3- it's the last Saturday before Xmas so most likely everyone will have a Xmas market or something like that to photograph.

Get your roll ready!!