Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1.4X Teleconverter test: adaptall 014F, kenko, sigma apo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: 1.4X Teleconverter test: adaptall 014F, kenko, sigma apo Reply with quote

I recently acquired this Sigma APO 1.4x TC to go with the kenko and adaptall 014F tc's I already have. I think I did ok price wise, these often bid up because they aren't made for PK any more AFAIK. There was only one other bidder. Very pleased with its LNIB condition on arrival.

I'll keep the 014F but if one of the sigma or kenko proves better then thats the one I'll keep.
Musselmans raft test pics. Pentax K5, tamron adaptall 60B SP 300mm f2.8
All f2.8 (=f4 with tc). From top L: reference 60B, upsized 140%; 60B + 014F, 60B + kenko, 60B + sigma apo.

Close focus test with Adaptall SP 52BB 90mm macro. Samsung NX20, focus using macro rail and 8x magnification. Test subject my trusty swiss banknote. Light was a bit dull, boosted with a halogen table lamp.

f2.5. Lens alone crop is not resized - I moved the tripod back with the tc's to get same field of view.

f5.6

For what its worth careful scrutiny suggested the kenko is slightly softer. It is certainly slightly down on magnification, something I had noticed when I first got it - more like 1.37x.

Castle turret test pics 1:1 crops, also with the 60B and NX20. From top: 60B alone, crop upsized 140%; 60B + 014F; 60B + kenko; 60B + sigma apo.

I am finding it difficult to reach any clear conclusion actually....

I am finding it difficult to reach any clear conclusion actually....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! Sigma has better contrast while kenko is sharper, imho.

Last edited by visualopsins on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see more comparison pics in this Pentax Forums thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/309566-teleconverter-challenge-sigma-vs-kenko-vs-tamron-x1-4-a-3.html